" If being crazy means living life as if it matters, then I don't mind being completely insane."

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Its Officially Summer!!!

Today is the First Official day of SUMMER!!! Although we people down here in the ATL wouldnt know that to be any different cause its been 95 plus degrees outside for the past two months!! Anywho in honor of this day I bring you some of the best classic Summer Flicks, in my opinion of course, cause nothing says summer like MOVIES!!! So if your sitting around bored (I highly doubt you are??? Hello we are adults and we have commitments!!!) but If ya just want to escape the heat and kick back with a classic summer movie then here are a few you should check out!


1) Now and Then - Hello this was every girls movie back in 95! I remember first watching it at a birthday party probably when I was like ten, so like three years after it came out. And I remember calling my mom and asking her permission to watch the movie cause I knew it was Pg-13...what a good daughter I was!ha!


2) Sandlot- Every boy's favorite summer movie of 93! "YOU PLAY BALL LIKE A GIRL!!" Dont remember when I first saw this one but I assure you I probably watched it with my two brothers. And after watching it I remember wanting to play baseball with the boys....so that is just what I did on the neighborhood street, I played ball with the boys!lol


3) One Crazy Summer- You cant have summer without the 80s, so this one takes us back to 86 before I was born and you can catch a young John Cusack and Demi Moore hangin out and makin out in Nantucket in the summer no less!!! This is a fun movie I've seen probably over fifteen times!


4) Stand by Me- Again with 86!!! That year was money! Also my oldest brother was born that year...random fact. Classic story of four friends out on adventure in search of a body...no its not a horror movie but its a classic!


5) The Endless Summer- 1966 Classic Surfing movie... basically THE SURFER MOVIE!! Again I cant recall the first time I watched this movie but I know it was sometime when I was in Florida  hanging with my cousins Benji and Jordan, who are quite the surfer dudes! I always wanted to be a surfer...so maybe when I move to Florida in August I can become one too!ha


6) Summer Rental- This movie came out in 1985 but I dont think I saw it until about 15 years later. I found it on tv one summer and then I watched it a bunch! Its about a family who is going on summer vacation and just cant seem to catch a break. Another good one from the 80s!


7) The Parent Trap- Both the 1961 and 1998 version! The classic switch-aroo movie! I remember watching the orignial with my cousins Katelyn and Olivia and Erin especially (probs cause Erin and Liv are twins!!!!) But then the new version came out and I got to go for my birthday and ever since then I have spent the last 14 years A) trying to get that handshake down and B) wishing I could have gone to Camp!!


8) Jaws - This 1975 movie is the reason I hate the Ocean...well I love the ocean I just hate sharks!!! For some reason we would always watch these movies while we were in Florida on Summer vacation, and then of course there was that jaws ride in Universal that did me in when I was eight...I am scarred for life!


9) Heavyweights-1995 I really wanted to go to fat camp after watching this movie...mostly for the Blob...and maybe to hang out with ben stiller in his prime! This was Judd Apatow's brilliance many years before movies like 40 year old virgin and knocked up... etc!


10) Blue Crush- In 2002 I was 14 in eighth grade and totally in love with this movie. This movie started my favorite photo pose.."The Blue Crush pose" you know the one where we stand looking at the ocean and we take a picture just of our backs??? yeah thats the one that I coined back in freshman year of high school due to my intense love for this movie! Again I wanted to be a surfer...."You think you can surf it for real?" "you know it"...it has a killer soundtrack too!


So obviously I left off some good ones like Dirty Dancing, Almost Famous, Adventureland, Tommy Boy, Wet Hot American Summer, The Karate Kid, Grease, just to name a few. But anywho check any of these flicks out this summer!

1 comment:

  1. haha when i was reading this post i was thinking "hm she left out blue crush..." but NOPE there it is at the end :) speaking of surf movies, i just saw soul surfer tonight and it is totally worth seeing!! :)

    ReplyDelete