" If being crazy means living life as if it matters, then I don't mind being completely insane."

Friday, July 8, 2011

"Say my name, say my name..."

SOoooo I havent updated probably in about a week and a half because my brother, Zach, came home for a week of summer vacation. We have been having a lot of fun as a fam, going to a Braves game and then Lazer show etc.  I think I used to take this stuff for granted because you dont realize how important family time is until you dont have it anymore. Zach lives in Indiana and Im getting ready to move to Florida and Josh is in school in Georgia and its just strange to think we will never live under the same roof again and we are all growing up. So enjoy that time with your fam, even if they make you crazy sometimes....cause I definitely miss the crazy times when we were kids.
 Anywho I decided to be totally self absorbed with this latest blog post and talk about the name ALLISON. I only share this name with millions of other people, but I feel kind of special that there are a bunch of songs with the name ALLISON in them. In spinning this week they played the song, "Allison Road" by the Gin Blossoms and I got to thinking, I wonder how many songs have my name in them so I found a few to share with all of you for fun! So check out the youtube videos below!

"Allison Road" by Gin Blossoms -Who doesnt love the Gin Blossoms!! Great 90s band..too bad they broke up!

"Allison" by Elvis Costello - Plain and simple...its a classic!


"Allison" by Permanent Me- I have never heard this song before but hey my name is in it and its catchy! and there is a line in it says "hey allison you are the one that makes boys hold their breath as you walk on.." haha


"Allison" by The Pixies- Okay so this song is about singer Moses Allison (who is in fact a man) but whatever its my name. And if ya didnt know already Allison only became a girls name in the 20th century, before that back in Germany it used to be a boys name meaning "son of Alice" ha!


"Allison" by Erickson - Kind of a punk, poppy song, that I have never heard until now. You wouldnt believe how many songs you can find on Itunes called "Allison" haha!


Well unfortunately I cant find anymore videos on youtube but like I said there are a million...okay like 45 in Itunes so check them out if ya want to think about someone named Allison!


Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment